We are delighted to welcome you to the TUMI website, the official online store for the brand TUMI. We ask you to take the time to read these Terms and Conditions carefully. Unless stated otherwise herein, the relationship between TUMI and its Users is exclusively governed by these Terms and Conditions that are deemed read and accepted by the User. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions in their entirety, please do not use the Site.
From time to time, when you use particular services or purchase products on this Site, you may receive additional guidelines, rules and policies applicable to such services and products, all of which are hereby incorporated by reference and will apply to your use of the Site.
TUMI may from time to time amend the Terms and Conditions by posting such change at the Site. Use by you after such change has been posted shall constitute acceptance of such changed terms.
For the meaning of the definitions used in these Terms and Conditions, please refer to section 21.
Aboutbags NV (Company Registry number Oudenaarde 0681 881 789) is the seller of the products displayed on the Site. Aboutbags NV has its registered office at Westerring 17, 9700 Oudenaarde, Belgium.
Our contact details are as follows:
- Tel: +46 844686349 – Available from Monday to Friday from 10am until 5pm
- Email: email@example.com
2. Accuracy of content
TUMI uses its best efforts to keep the information on the Site updated. However, it is not possible to guarantee the complete absence of errors on the Site. The information and other material published on this Site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. The weights, dimensions and volumes of the products are approximate only. We have made reasonable efforts to ensure that product information is accurate and to display as accurately as possible the colors of our products. However, we cannot guarantee that your screen's display will accurately reflect the color of the product on delivery. Changes are periodically made to the information on the Site without notice to you. TUMI reserves the right to change the Site at any time, in its discretion. TUMI does not warrant that the functions contained in the Site or any materials or content contained therein will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or the server that makes it
available is free of viruses or other harmful components. TUMI shall not be liable for the use of the Site, including, without limitation, the content and any errors contained therein.
Cabin carry-on/hand luggage restrictions: while we make efforts to ensure that items listed as cabin carry-on/hand luggage meet current airline restrictions, we cannot be held responsible if an airline applies other check-in standards or if airlines or airports change their restrictions.
The price of the products you order is the price that is displayed on the Site at the time you confirm your order and will be confirmed on the e-mail confirmation confirming receipt of your order. All prices are in SEK, inclusive of VAT and forwarding charges.
If an error is found in the price of the products you have ordered or in the delivery charge, we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling your order. If you cancel, we will refund or re-credit you for the sum that has been debited from your credit card for the products.
4. Online ordering
You can place an order if you are an adult aged 18 or over. The ordering process consists of following steps:
- You add the products you want to purchase to your basket;
- You choose your delivery method;
- You enter the delivery address;
- You enter your billing address together with the payment information;
- You will be asked to accept the Terms and Conditions;
- Before you submit your order, you will be given the opportunity to review your selection, check the total price of your order including the shipping charges.
After submitting your order, we will send you an e-mail confirming receipt of your order. At that time we reserve the corresponding amount on your credit card, and we debit your card when we ship the goods.
If you pay by credit card, you will receive an e-mail containing your payment status.
As soon as the goods are shipped, you will receive a notification (the "Shipping Notification E-mail"). All orders are subject to availability of the products at the time of dispatch.
5. Subscribing for the site
On our Site, you may set up a customer account or make your order as a guest. As a guest, your order data will be blocked after completing your order and will only be used for clarifying warranty claims or used for other legal purposes.
Setting up a customer account on our Site is free of charge. To subscribe you will need to provide us with your title, your first and family name, an email address as well as a password. Once you have an account you can access the following areas:
My profile: here you can store your personal data (name, address).
Bought and stored articles: in this area, your orders will be stored for one year.
Tumi Tracer®: If you register with the Tumi Tracer Program®, your registered products will be stored here. With the program Tumi Tracer®, you may register any products purchased by you. You only need to provide us with the 20-digit register code of the product + upload your proof of purchase and you need to have an account on our Site. Once you have registered, if your product is lost, we may be able to identify you as buyer and return the product to you by using the 20-digit registration code.
Recommendations: Here we show you some current offers of our Site which may be of interest for you. TUMI reserves the right to change or terminate any or all areas available via your customer account. Please update your data in your account if information changes. Please note that changing a delivery address within your customer account after placing an order will not be taken into account by TUMI. If you wish to change your delivery address after you have placed an order, please contact us by phone as soon as possible. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to change the delivery address.
You can terminate your account with TUMI at any time. TUMI may terminate your account for any reason with 4 weeks prior notice. The right of each party to terminate the agreement for cause shall remain unaffected.
Only goods purchased online on the Site can be returned. As for any other return, we advise you to contact the store where you have purchased the goods.
TUMI retains title in the sold goods until we have received full payment of the price and shipping charges, and possible late payment interests and/or indemnities.
While TUMI is the seller, you must make payment to the bank account of Nayan, details displayed on the payment pages of the Site.
7. Gift card policy
1. PURCHASE OF GIFT CARDS
2. VALIDITY OF GIFT CARDS
- TUMI eGift Cards are available in 18 European online TUMI shops. The eGift Cards may only be redeemed online via the online TUMI shop from where the eGift Card was purchased.
- eGift Cards are available in different designs and you can include a personal message to be sent with the eGift Card. TUMI does not assume any responsibility for the content of your personal message, although TUMI reserves the right to refuse to include your personal message on the eGift Card, if the message is considered inappropriate.
- eGift Cards are available in all denominations, with a minimum of SEK 50 and a maximum of SEK 1,000, via the following websites: at.tumi.com, be.tumi.com, ch.tumi.com, cz.tumi.com, de.tumi.com, dk.tumi.com, ee.tumi.com, es.tumi.com, fi.tumi.com, fr.tumi.com, hu.tumi.com, ie.tumi.com, it.tumi.com, lu.tumi.com, nl.tumi.com, pl.tumi.com, se.tumi.com, uk.tumi.com
- The eGift Cards are sent to you for free via email. Even if an eGift Card is part of an order that includes other TUMI products, the Gift Card will be sent to you separately by email.
3. USE OF YOUR eGIFT CARD
- The eGift Card is only valid on the website where it was purchased for a period of 12 months following the purchase of the eGift Card. If the eGift Card expires, any unused balance will be lost. This cannot be redeemable in cash or as credit.
- The eGift Card may not be exchanged or returned for cash or credit. Resale of the TUMI eGift Card to third parties is prohibited.
- This eGift Card Policy as well as the General Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use are subject to change.
- An eGift Card may not be used to purchase another eGift Card.
- The value of an eGift Card may not be changed or exchanged. An eGift Card may only be used for purchases on the TUMI website where the eGift Card was purchased.
- When purchasing an eGift Card, the card value may not be taken into account for obtaining discounts offered on products, shipping, and/or free gifts based on a fixed purchase amount.
- Only one eGift Card may be redeemed per order. To use the eGift Card, you must add your TUMI product(s) to your shopping cart. You may enter your eGift Card code:
How do I use my gift certificate?
If you’re lucky enough to have a gift certificate for our online store, you can get a pre-specified amount off when you buy products online.
There are 2 ways of redeeming your gift certificate:
1. Through your shopping cart
- Pick a product from our online store.
- Go to your shopping cart by clicking CART at the top right of the screen.
- Select your preferred shipping method.
- Below the shipping method fields you will find the text “Enter Giftcertificate/Voucher”. Click on it.
A small box will appear where you can fill in your code. After adding your code, click “Apply”. Your gift certificate will have been applied.
N.B. You will not be able to check the balance of your gift certificate using the above method. Please use the second method of redeeming your gift certificate as described below.
2. Through the checkout page
If you would like to check the balance of your gift certificate, please follow these steps:
- Pick a product from our online store.
- Go to your shopping cart by clicking CART at the top right of the screen.
- Select your preferred shipping method and click the “checkout” button at the bottom right.
- Once you are on the checkout page, scroll below the Shipping and Billing Address sections. Here you will find the following text “Do you have a gift certificate?” Select “yes”.
A small box will appear where you can fill in your code. After adding your code, click “Apply”. To check the balance of your gift certificate click the “check balance” link below the certificate box.
- Your payment will only be processed after you have verified your details, accepted the terms and conditions, and clicked the ‘Place order’ button.
4. RETURN OF PRODUCTS PAID FOR WITH AN eGIFT CARD
- The total order (i.e. the price of the products, any applicable sales tax, and shipping costs) will be deducted from the balance on the eGift Card. The balance on the eGift Card will be updated once your order has been processed.
- If the value of the purchased products is less than the total value of the eGift Card, any unused balance will remain on the eGift Card for future orders for which the same eGift Card data will be used. If the value of your order exceeds the total value of the eGift Card, you will be asked to pay the difference via another payment method.
- TUMI reserves the right to refuse, cancel, or hold orders paid for with an eGift Card in case of suspected fraud, mistakenly issued e-Gift Cards, or other violations of this eGift Card Policy.
5. eGIFT CARD BALANCE
- If you return a TUMI product (within the period indicated in the online shop policy) that was paid for with an eGift Card, you will receive a new eGift Card with the same period of validity as that of the eGift Card used earlier and a balance equal to the purchase amount. The eGift Card used for the purchase will expire.
6. LOST OR STOLEN GIFT CARDS
- You may check the balance on your eGift Card at any time here. The balance on the eGift Card can be verified using a valid Gift Card number.
- We would like to point out that it is currently not possible to recharge the eGift Cards.
- If you want more information about the eGift Card, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
TUMI is not responsible for the loss, theft, destruction, or unauthorized use of eGift Cards. The holder of the eGift Card shall not receive any compensation for the above.
8. Sale contract
No sale contract will exist between you and TUMI until TUMI dispatches the products. All information on our Site is an invitation to treat only and is not an offer or unilateral contract. Your order represents a binding offer by you to purchase our products. The sale will only be binding once we have notified you by means of the Shipping Notification E-mail that the goods have been dispatched to you.
TUMI reserves the right to refuse an order, for any reason, wholly or partially, and in any case in the following cases:
- If the product is not available;
- If your billing information is not correct or not verifiable;
- If your order is flagged up by the security systems as an unusual order or an order susceptible of fraud;
- If your bank transfer payment/reservation is not received timely;
- If we have reason to believe you are under 18;
- If we have reason to believe you are a reseller;
- If there was an error in the price quote;
- If we could not deliver to the address provided by you;
- In the event of force majeure.
9. Delivery restrictions - country of delivery
- Care of PO Box addresses and military APO addresses are not accepted.
- We deliver from Monday till Friday, except for bank holidays.
- Through our Site (se.tumi.com) the products are delivered in Sweden.
We will use all reasonable efforts to deliver the products ordered within the timescales indicated on the individual order confirmation to the User. Such timescales are not guaranteed delivery times and should not be relied upon. Erroneously communicated addresses are the responsibility of the User and may lead to extra charges that will be recovered from the User.
If your product is not delivered within the specified timescale, please contact us with your client number or order number. You may then treat the sale contract as at an end and request a full refund for the relevant products as your only remedy. You may also specify a new delivery period that is appropriate in the circumstances and require TUMI to deliver the products before the end of that period; and then, if TUMI does not deliver in that extended period you may treat the sale contract as at an end and request a full refund for the relevant products.
We only ship via a professional courier. We always require someone to sign off for delivery. You accept that a delivery is signed off for by a person other than the User, provided that such person is present at the indicated address and an adult of 18 years or over. If there is no one present at the time of delivery, you will be asked to contact our courier service to arrange an alternative delivery date.
11. Defective product or wrong delivery
You must check whether your shipment is correct upon delivery. If there are discrepancies or problems with your order, please follow the returns procedure described under clause 12 below, but for faulty goods or goods being returned due to our error we will also refund any cost incurred in returning the item. Subject to availability, we will send you a new Shipping Notification E-mail and we will automatically and immediately ship to you at our own costs the correct replacement product.
12. Return procedure
Please note our free returns policy to take back products within 30 days. More information can be accessed via this link or on the tab “Returns” on our Site. You may also follow this procedure for the statutory retraction/cancellation mentioned in the clause below.
13. Distance selling – right of retraction/cancellation
You have no right of retraction/cancellation for the supply of goods made to the customer’s specifications or clearly personalized.
Right to cancel
You have the right to retract/cancel from the sale contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
The retraction/cancellation period will expire: (i) after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the products; or (ii) in the case of a sales contract relating to multiple products ordered by you in one order and delivered separately, after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the last of the products.
To exercise the right of retraction/cancellation, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or email – see contact details). You may also use the model withdrawal form as shown below but this is not an obligation. We encourage you to send us a clear statement by email (email@example.com) for more efficiency in processing the retractions/cancellation. Afterwards, we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation on a durable medium (e.g. by email) without delay.
To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation
If you retract/cancel from the sale contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the cost of delivery (except for supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
We make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling from you.
We will make the reimbursement without undue delay and not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract.
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
14. Limitation of liability
We use reasonable commercial efforts to keep the Site uninterrupted and error free. We also endeavor to protect the Site against computer viruses and other ‘malware’. Taking into account the nature of these dangers and the internet, it is your responsibility to take the necessary precautions and measures to protect your computer and system, as your use of the Site and the information thereon occurs exclusively at your own risk.
We cannot be held responsible for the use or the inability to use the Site, the Site’s content or any link to another website, or the performance of the products purchased on the Site. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we shall not be responsible for (i) losses that were not caused by any breach on our part, or (ii) any (business) loss (including loss of profits, time, revenue, data), or (iii) any indirect or consequential losses that were not foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using the Site.
Our entire liability in connection with the sale contract will not exceed the purchase price of the products in question.
These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
(a) Legal Warranty:
In the European Union you are entitled by law to remedies from the seller free of charge in the event of a lack of conformity of the product and those remedies are not affected by this commercial guarantee.
(b) Commercial Warranty:
TUMI also offers an additional commercial warranty on certain products. For details of this warranty, please refer to the warranty card and/or to the Site.
16. Questions, complaints, comments or service contact
If you have any questions, or if you have technical problems in accessing information on our Site, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
17. Use limitations and intellectual property rights
All brand names, product names and titles used on the Site are trademarks or trade names of TUMI or third party trademark or trade name holders. You are not allowed to use or reproduce any such trademarks or trade names as they may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights. All Site design, texts, documents, movies and other services and the selection and arrangement thereof, and all other material on this Site are protected by copyright of TUMI or its suppliers. You are only allowed to electronically copy and print portions of the Site to the extent this is necessary for the purpose of placing an order, or for using the Site as a shopping resource. You are not allowed to make any other use of the information and materials on the Site, including reproduction for the purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or (re)publication. Should you wish to use materials and information from this Site, you need to obtain TUMI’s prior written consent.
18. Use of information and suggestions by you regarding this site
19. Use of your suggestions to Tumi regarding new products, features or processes
(a) A submission will not in any way establish a confidential relationship nor will it place TUMI in the position of receiving a submission in trust and TUMI shall not be obligated and makes no commitment to treat or maintain as confidential such submissions.
(b) TUMI shall have the right to retain any material submitted to it, to make copies thereof and to retain the same in its files.
(c) No obligation is assumed by TUMI or may be implied by the receipt or examination of the submission unless or until a formal written agreement signed by TUMI and by you, and then TUMI’s obligations shall be only as expressed in that written agreement.
Within the scope of these terms and conditions, the terms listed hereafter shall be deemed to have the following meaning, unless explicitly mentioned otherwise:
- Terms and Conditions: these terms and conditions and all its additions or updates that apply when using the Site, for all orders made on the Site and for all services offered via the Site.
- Nayan: Nayan NV, public limited liability company, incorporated under Belgian law (so-called NV), having its registered office at 8800 Roeselare (Belgium), Bruanestraat 8, Company Registry number Kortrijk 0806.661.106; Nayan is responsible for the technical support of the functioning of the Site.
- User: someone who by entering the address of this Site or by following a link visits this Site and uses it for informative purposes or to place an order.
- TUMI or we: Aboutbags NV, Westerring 17, 9700 Oudenaarde, Belgium (Company Registry number Oudenaarde 0681 881 789). With respect to intellectual property rights "Samsonite" means Samsonite IP Holdings Sarl, with registered office at 13-15 Avenue de la Liberté, L-1931 Luxembourg and with Company number B147735.
- Site: a collection of webpages grouped together under the address of se.tumi.com and any affiliated services (e.g. services, app)
22. Governing law
Any dispute regarding the validity, the interpretation and/or the execution of the Terms and Conditions is solely governed by the laws of Germany and the German courts, without prejudice to the right of a consumer to bring a dispute before the court that is competent on the basis of mandatory legal provisions. The application of the United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. If you are a consumer and have your habitual residence in the EU, you additionally enjoy the protection afforded to you by mandatory provisions of the law of your country of residence. The User agrees that in the event of a dispute with respect to the use of the Site, electronic evidence (e.g. e-mails, back-ups, etc.) can be used as valid evidence.
If any of the Terms and Conditions may be declared null and void or not applicable, the other terms and conditions will remain valid and the portion declared null and void will remain applicable within the boundaries set by law.
23. Entire agreement
These Terms and Conditions supersede all prior terms applied with the User.
For any questions, remarks or technical issues with respect to this Site, please contact us.
These terms and conditions were last updated on 14/03/2022.